Saturday, June 12, 2004

Something more

It's been quite some time since I blogged in and wrote something. Well,wanted to get into some serious stuff but will be writing on it after I am done with my summer class. Proffessional knowledge would be more beneficial than my experience in this situation. However, I am just enjoying some change around me. Feels like I am in India now. It's so hot. 99F and scorching heat. But the best part is the beautiful flowers and plants which bloom all over the place. They make the whole summer look so beautiful. Well, had been to the Mormontrek heritage festival.Not a great thing happening around but it was kinda interesting. Well, in case you didn't know anything about Mormons, they were the first pilgrim fathers or the Europeans who travelled in handcarts to settle at different places in the United states.

The whole last week was a busy one attending classes and working at the International center. Well, a part of the activities of the summer clinic was to introduce oneself to the whole class. And the way it was done was quite interesting and funny. Each person was told to say something about themselves and then were asked to share three artifacts which they cherished the most. It was funny for me cos sharing three or more artifacts or something about themselves would hardly give a glance into that person's personality. Any way each one brought their stuff to school and showed them to the class. The interesting thing was that almost 80-89% of the class brought the pictures of their husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends/family members,football or something to do with the ball games, books they like to read/are reading and of course the T-shirts to represent the school or the place where they work. Well, so it seemed that almost all of them had the same tastes or things they think of to share.

However I was no different but I tried to be different( this is what I always try to be).
I am not a great fan of cricket or a ny ball game nor do I have a family. Well, I would luv to share the pics of my parents and my siblings but I had none. So was wondering what could I take to the class to show everyone. Well, I remembered that I had carried my hat which was gifted by this girl from Mizoram. During my visit to Delhi we became very good friends and on the last day she left a straw hat for me as a rememberance. I had carried it all over ot the US with me. Though I never used the hat often it was something I really liked, so I carried it with me. Well, I had my diary which was quite old but it is important as I share my apprehensions, my excited moments and some real important introspections and happenings in my life. In fact everything I write in it will give the reader an analysis of what was going on at different periods of time. And then what more.... hmm yes, I have the habit of collecting flowers and leaves unique to a certain place. Well I did have some which I had pressed and kept in my book so decided to take them . And then I had my T-shirt which was gifted to me for tutoring undergrad students in psychology. So here I was with more than three artifacts to share with the class:).

Of course thus tried to be unique in my own way.But do u think it really did tell something about me to the class? No way. I am more than what I tried to show to the class. Well, I feel everyone was something else than what their artifacts spoke.Of course their artifacts did represent something about them but for sure didn't give a true picture of the person. Now I can't understand as to why I am so bothered about the true identity of each and everyone.But I was just wondering as to why everyone one thinks in a similar way or for that matter why do we differ. Sounds puzzling but .....ok now if I start again then I will be talking about the cultural diversity and stuff like that. It's late in the night and I will stop here.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?