Monday, July 19, 2004

The power of the subconscious mind

After experiencing a lot of change in me I now believe that we are what we wanted to be and we will be what we want to be.

Every person has his own pattern of thoughts influenced by so many things around him. The environment, the role models who influence him, his experiences in life , all of them mold his character to a great extent. Especially when he admires certain things and is unable to fulfill them , the strong desire to achieve that particualr thing enters the subconsicous level. As time passes by , through various experiences, or through various encounters, these feelings or cravings get strengthended, faded or modified . Without the knowledge the individual works to achieve what he wanted to and finds himself in the very state he once dreamt of.

I was very surprised to find myself in the same situation I once dreamt of. Right from my food habits, my dressing, my preferences , everything is almost similar to what I always wanted to have. It is amazing to discover the change in me, especially when you try to step five years behind .

Our dormant thoughts are constantly in action trying to achieve waht we aspire for, what we dream for, what we desire for. The positives consequences reinforce our motives while the negatives can have a drastic effect on us. The person can compromise and move to another destination or it may give the person reseliance to achieve what he wants to.

And the ultimatum is the result of the struggles and the processing which goes together.

So it's always good to dream about something which you want to achieve, cos the moment you dream, your subconscious is activated which influences your conscious efforts to achieve your goal.And in case you fail in getting what you dreamt of, believe me it was not worth your effort. You deserved something better or different:).


Comments:
But then, when we dream, do we control what we see?

what if we dream bad things... is dreaming about great things same as 'aspiring' for great things?

or can it be that we dream of things that we either love or we hate..
well.. i am not much of a psychologist.. but there are too many questions in my mind though!
 
I am not writing anything from Sigmund Freud’s book titled “Interpretation of Dreams”. These are just my reflections. I generally feel that dreams are the manifestations of the processing and thinking which goes at our subconscious level. So the “nightmares” or bad dreams are also the product of the subconscious processing. And while using the term dream I actually meant having strong thoughts about certain things which later get soaked into our subconscious mind. They keep processing and keep working to fulfill them.

And as I said earlier we are what we want to be and what we think about ourselves. So if we think we are weak we will become weak and if we think we are strong we will become strong. Our subconscious mind starts working to realize what we think about ourselves.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?