Monday, December 20, 2004

My new passion

I am always interested to know more about the cultures surrounding me. Sometimes I try to analyze the similarities than the differences as it makes me feel more comfortable. Most often I try to draw similarities between various cultures and their customs which again connects back to my theory that most of the cultures have had a single root. However, as time passed by they moved away and adapted as per their new environments but still retained some of their old customs.
Recently my focus has been on understating the similarities between the Mexican and the (East) Indian cultures. The physical features of the Mexicans, their family values, the colorful clothing, the spicy food, everything mystifies me and makes me draw comparisons between the Indian and Mexican culture. Every thing looks so much similar in spite of the countries located far apart on the globe.
Trying go trace the connections between these two cultures, I did some research on the continental drift, the ancient tribes of Mexico, the East Indian and the Native American connections.
There are many contradicting theories which tried to provide some evidence about the origin of the Native Americans who are very closely linked to the Mexicans. But I was unable to find any substantial evidence or confirm with any of the theories I read. Some of the theories confirmed the origin of the Native American tribes to the African tribes while some indicated significant relationship with the Asian tribes. However it was interesting to know about the continental drift which took place thousands of years back. Due to the continental drift, the American continents got separated from the European and African continents. In this process I was able to hit across some really interesting website and am providing the links below. It would be great if any one who reads these blogs comes across the missing link or the distant relationship between the Mexican and the East Indian cultures.

The links:
http://www.viewzone.com/gene.olmec.html
This link explains the traces of Hinduism and the possible connection between the ancient Americans and the Asians

http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/ancientamerica.htm
The above links gives a completely different perspective of the Olmecs thus contradicting the first link.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/publications/text/historical.html#anchor4833509
The above link gives a simple and interesting detail on the continental drift.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/mc-me/be-ai-ss.pdf
From the above link we can actually learn a lot about the origins of Native Americans to their contemporary life and their culture.

Comments:
Well I am more interested in understanding why we look similar and also why we have the same eating styles (spicy food).I know that the Europeans had invaded the land some time back, but in order to survive and perpetuate they had to marry the Mexicans and thus they became the Mestizo or people of combined blood (native American and European blood).
( read http://www.americansall.com/PDFs/02-americans-all/8.9.pdf for more information)
I very well know the invasion of the Europeans but I strongly believe the possibility of a link between the Asians and the Mexican cultures. That is the focus of my research .
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I think its got more to do with the climate. I would agree that India and Mexico have comparable climatic conditions.
Probably with the similar climatic conditions come similar taste for food clothing and family values.. but the idea seems far fetched though :)
 
yeah Sham even I feel there is more than just similar climatic and geographic conditions which make us sound so similar.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?