Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Winter blues

The much feared winter has arrived and believe me as feared earlier it is terribly cold here. You can see white sheets of land everywhere. Everything does look pretty but you hardly enjoy the surroundings and keep complaining of the wind chills.
Last winter started with a very exciting note when I was really eagerly waiting to experience the snowfall. The feeling of experiencing a snowfall was so romantic and exciting. I always loved those beautiful mountains and plains covered with snow on the television and in movies and I always wished to be there experiencing the same. When my roommate warned me of the first snowfall last winter, she told me to be careful while walking and also told me to stay indoors as much as possible. It is going to be bad tomorrow. "Better wear your warmest Jacket and cover yourself as much as possible,” she said. "Wow it's going to snow? Hmm I am surely going to play outside and make a snow man,” I said. "Sure my dear, I can very well understand your excitement. Let me see how long this lasts" said Vaidarbhi with a mischievous smile.

Well, she wasn't wrong. After all that warnings from my roommate and others I decided to stay indoors to enjoy the snowfall. I did wish to go out to make a snow man but was feeling so uncomfortable with the cold weather. However as time passed by, everything became banal and I hardly enjoyed the winter. Moreover the chill winds really used to irritate my skin and make me uncomfortable. I was very anxiously waiting for the summer to arrive.

This is my second winter in Iowa and I am already worried of getting up early in the morning. I just hope this semester passes out very quickly and the winter is not too severe. Meanwhile I met a fresher who just arrived last fall. This is going to be her first winter and I can very well see the excitement in her eyes. I could do nothing but just smile at her. It won’t be long before she starts disliking winter and the snow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?