Saturday, March 04, 2006

Strugggle for existance

The past few months have been very stressful for me. Proffessionally as well as personally I have been through a very rough patch. There had been days when I was just numb and dumbfounded. Many a times I questioned my existance, struggled to understand why I was so depressed and unable to cope up with all the chaos. Teaching is not just a career but a passion for me. I believe that I can make the life of budding young adults better by imparting the best of my knowledge and utilising my skills for their betterment. However, I was dissapointed with how things were turning out for me. I was given a class of seven students labelled as emotionally disturbed. As an aspiring Special Educator, I took it as a challenge and thought I would be able to make some sense in their lives. But it took me some time to realize that the class was too much for me to handle. The kids had gone out of control and not enough structure in the system to control the student's behaviors and help them.

The sad part was that I was ignorant and kept blaming myself for being ignorant. Howver there were some factors beyond my control which also contributed to my downfall. However, I never gave up and kept working towards seeking some inner peace those remote successes which I could have. Right now I am in a situation of crisis wherein I am unable to console myself. I am at the verge of depleting my inner motivation to continue on my task. Seems I am just waiting for the break which would soothe me and rekindle the purpose of my life.

Comments:
hmm.. sorry can't advise u on this one.. going thru similar phase in life.. though not as extreme as yours..

all i can say is keep ploughing ahead.. and keep up the good work!!
 
Swapna,
I can not understand what you are going through.. but please cheer up and keep your spirits up.
 
Sham and Kunsjoi,
Thanks a lot for the assurance and support. Even I am hoping for better.
 
I have with working with "emotionally disturbed", behavior students for almost 10 years. I understand how demanding it is, but I would not teach anything else. You have to engage these kids in non-traditional ways. I use technology to interest my kids.
I do wish you the best. It can be a most rewarding situation.

class blog: http://mrhales.blogspot.com

personal blog: http://specialeducator.us
 
You are right Sriram. Hope is very imminent for us to continue and move ahead. I do have bountiful of it and am trying to improve my self too.
 
Dear Mr. Hales,
I am really amazed at your working experince with the most toughest kids. I admire you for that. As far as teaching in non traditional methods is concerned, I need a lot of input and resources to do that and I am willing to spend my time and energy for the same. I would appreciate if you could throw some light in this regard:)
And, thanks for visiting my site:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?