Sunday, April 16, 2006

Another one in a row

Well, I thought things would be much better if I changed the shuttle service but I was wrong. I had another bad one while returning from LAX to home. It is really amazing how the drivers function without the necessary networking or technology to help them reach the customers to their destination.

We were about 4 passengers in the shuttle. After I had requested for a shuttle, I got into one wherein the driver hardly maintained any eye contact with the passengers. We had to do a lot of guesswork to know whom he was addressing.

The first passenger was to be dropped at Montebello. It was surprising too find the driver asking the passenger about the freeway to take to reach Montebello. The passenger told him the usual route, which he usually took and helped the driver figured it out. After he had dropped him, he came back to the cab. Looking at three of us announced "Pico Rivera! Now who needs to be dropped there?” " Me”, I said in a very excited tone. "So what is the cross street?” I gave him the address. "Well, that doesn't ring a bell". Now I was baffled. Montebello was just beside Pico Rivera. I was very closely observing some of the main streets and found we had passed Beverly Rd. But, as I rarely traveled that way, I did not want to confuse the driver. "I can take you to Whittier Blvd and ...", "That would be great cos I know the way from there", I exclaimed. "Alright ", he said and started off.

Now, as I do not drive around in LA I wanted to make sure we were going in the right direction. We got onto Whittier Blvd. However, we kept driving through the strange streets of East LA. Whittier Blvd is a very long street, which extends all the way from East LA to Norwalk . I wanted to make sure if we were heading towards the east side of Whittier Blvd. "So are you driving towards Norwalk or LA?", I asked him. "Towards Norwalk. We are heading east", he said. Well, then that should be fine. I said. However, I kept looking out to check if were moving in the right direction. Something made me feel we were not really right. "Do you have a GIS system or any other navigation system to help you out?, " I asked in a very curious voice. No I do not have anything. Now this was a big blow to me. Here I was in a cab wherein the driver wasn't even sure which way to take me. I blamed myself for not being acquainted with the city so well. But what was the necessity for me to do that? I do not drive and also its’ the responsibility of the cab driver to be more acquainted with the streets and how to get around. Any ways, I could see the faint picture of the skyscrapers in LA downtown. Even before I could say anything, I asked the driver to find out if we had any freeways around. "Well, we are heading towards LA . I can see those huge buildings. You said you knew the way. We are heading in the wrong direction. How do we get to your place? This is a mess man," The driver kept showering questions on me.

I was really angry with him. “Well, I paid you to do that for me isn’t it? “, was what I wanted to blurt out. Any ways, I did not want to waste any time. I asked him if he could head towards a freeway most probably I5 or 605. He turned his cab. “May be we should ask someone who is walking down the street”, I said. “Oh leave it. I don’t know how much more time it is going to take for us”, he said in a frustrated tone. Well, I was really angry and mad at him. However, I did not waste any time and tried calling some of my friends. Their phones just kept ringing and then the calls was diverted to their voice mails.

Meanwhile, the driver asked one of the ladies in a car for the 60 freeway. We got onto 60 and he kept looking out for Rosemead Blvd. I had called Ram to find out the exit for 60 freeway. It was confusing for him to track down. After 8-10 min of talk on the phone, I hear a voice from the front seat saying” It’s ok, I will figure it out. Just tell me what the cross street is”, I wasn’t able to hear him and the girl in the front row repeated it to me. Slauson and Rosemead , I said. Pretty soon we were on Rosemead and then took the south exit. After 20 min or so we came closer to Whittier Blvd. The driver was elated and pointed to the signs. Yeah Whittier Blvd,” Well, I knew we could get here if we kept going on Whittier Blvd. However, I wanted to make sure we were heading East and that’s what I asked you”, I said. Well, I got confused because of the roads and so thought we were heading east he said. This time his voice was more calm and relaxed. I felt that he realized his mistake. Any ways, we reached my place in another 10 min. It was raining by then. He got my suitcase out and after complaining for a little time for collectign my charges through my credit card, he left.
This one was not quite an adventure but it might have been to those two teenagers in the cab who were puzzled and anxiously waiting to get home.
I am really surprised at the way the shuttle companies run. I had some knowledge of the roads and the streets, but what about people visiting LA the first time? How do you think they would be able to locate where they need to go?

Lesson learned: Be aware of the major streets and major freeways connecting your destination. It is always good to have the directions printed down before you take the shuttle. Also make sure to ask the driver well in advance if he knows the way.

Comments:
something similar happened to a co-passenger once.. and it was like we were going round and round around in westwood.. it was fun for me though, since I got to see some great new neighborhoods :-)
 
Hmm, seems no one complainss about this to the company . Well, in my case the driver was ready to blame me which made me angry. Due to their negligence we could loose a lot of time. Also it is time saving and more economical for them to instal GIS or other navigation systems and improve their efficiency. Good will plays an important role in growth of such companies
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?