Saturday, April 08, 2006

Facing the reality

After all the ups and downs and the struggles which I have been going through, I have realized that everything happens for a cause. Moreover, one needs to be patient and wait for the results and not stress them to reach their goal. As an aspiring special educator, I entered the field with lots of enthusiasm and motivation to bring a lot of changes. However, it did not take me long to understand that my resources were limited and that I was tied down by some forces which were not under my control.

Through experiences I also learned that my job is not a cake walk. Considering my background, my ethics and the cultural differences, it was hard for me to face students who did not value education and who needed to be bribed to do their work. However, a couple of experienced teachers opened my eyes. Constant feedback and reassuring and reflection have helped me to reach an understanding.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?