Saturday, April 29, 2006

Yahoooo!!! At last I can see the light :)))

Aahh! I feel so relaxed and much better. For some reason, everything is turning out to be positive for me. The most rewarding thing is the attitude of my students. Most of them come from very turbulent backgrounds with no proper guidance or orientation towards the value of education and life. However, that shouldn't be an excuse for them to get away with their silly pranks. Sometimes, the pranks are pretty dangerous and injurious to self and others. Most of them have never learned to respect others, never have been taught to show gratitude for the help and concern others shower on them. They also use words which can hurt others feelings. However, they have heard the adults use those words and have never been corrected to stop using them. No one taught them not to grab anything they come across as theirs'.

As an Educator, I believe we need to inculcate all these moral values in the students. It took me some time but I can see some positive results, which are making me so happy. I can see my students showing more interest in learning. Some of them knock my door asking me to give them some work, which made me jump with happiness. They no longer fear tests and are ready to take more tests in such dry subjects as math. They are learning to respect their peers and their friends and show gratitude towards their mentors. All this makes me feel sooooo happy. Well, these are such small achievements but at last I feel so much better.

For all the struggles that I have gone through the past 8 months I have learned a few good lessons, which include:
Never think that you are a waste because of your failures
You need not be diplomatic. Sometimes if you feel what you are stating is right, then go for it.
Everything is not your fault. You cannot control what is beyond your reach.
Do not hesitate to let others know that they are hurting you.
Leave your work at work. Take a break from it and forget completely about it till you return back to work.
Believe in your instincts.
At the same time do not jump into conclusions.

I wish everything continued the same and these students see the light too :)))

Comments:
Hey Swapna,
Good to see you. My blog was in Kannada about Dr. Rajkumar who died recently.
Glad that you are getting back and seeing the light at the other side. While everybody have their own rough phases, yours has been unfairly rough. I wish you also get good things more than others and in long patches too :) Good luck!
 
glad to see that you are making progress.. patience always pays off!! and some good things you said there at the end!! keep up the good work!!
 
Thanks a lot for the good luck Sham. I too hope things will be better. Any ways, I am happy that I am learning to wade against all odds.
 
Thanks Kuntal,
Well, every one advices you but untill you realize it by yourself , you keep denying it. That was what I was trying to do all the time. Any ways, I think I am just in a euphoric stage which might end pretty soon but as long as it is there, I will cherish it.
 
result of consistent work.._)) and always, iam doing gr8..>)) in the new city(/athens) will catch up with you when iam hooked on to internet..Cheers, Yuva
 
Thanks Laks,
I know you always assure me in the best way. I just need to time to realize it:))
 
Hey Yuva,
Thanks for visiting! Goood to know you are having a great time in Athens.
 
Thanks Ram !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?