Sunday, May 21, 2006

Procastination or waiting for the opportunity ?

Something or the other always bothers me. Well, I know that I am not a pessimist but neither am I an eternal optimist. However, I have realized that I no longer wait to enjoy the fruits of my labor but continue to keep working on the next goals. Apart from this, I have also observed that I take a long time to make a decision. I keep contemplating upon the same thought over and over, consult several others, think over it again and again and then take a step. For instance, choosing a job or even purchasing a laptop. It took me 4 months to buy one . Of course I am glad for the choice I made but sometimes feel that I should have been more quicker in my action.

Apart from this, I feel I am procastinating while the other times I feel I am just waiting for the right time and the right thing. All this leaves me in a very confused state. For instance buying a car. I have been in LA for the last 8 months and it bothers me that I still don't drive around. Most of the times I feel very uncomfortable and the other times ashamed of myself. Every time I take the bus, something in me reminds me of what I have been avoiding for such a long time. I feel embaressed with my situation and as to why I have been waiting for so long to buy a car. However, when I think over it, I realize that I had done my part but need to put in some more effort and may be there is a time for everything.

Off late, I have noticed that I am moving at a very slow pace when compared to others. The next moment, I feel I have been constantly striving to get things done and in the process I am not even acknowledging my efforts and success. I usually have a rough start with anything I venture and slowly gain efficiency and confidence over it. When I look back, it bothers me that I have been really working hard to get things done. Still, I am not where I want to be and am also not satisfied with what I have achieved. So what’s the problem? Is it because I procrastinate when I have to work or think too much when I can move ahead without a second thought?

I am just baffled by my moves and myself. How do I prioritize my work? How do I analyze what is imminent for me? How do I know what doesn't need too much of thinking but needs prompt action? What will help me realize where I need to stop and think more than once before venturing into it? Too many questions leave me once again in a confused state.

Hmmmm......... Well, I just think this is a phase of growing up. May be my thinking process is in the evolving stage and soon will find its stable stage and also the answers to my questions.

Comments:
I think taking bus is a very good decision!!! yayy for that! well in my case I detest cars for they harm environment way too much and are a very inefficient way of using resources.. in that comparison most of LA buses are now running on natural gas.. and so many ppl can share the bus.. so again yayy!! for not buying car.. its nothing to be ashamed of :-)
~kunsjoi
 
it happens to me to...and i keep thinking about the same things you mentioned...exactly wat you went through...
i hate it too...but as you said may be there is always a right time for eveything
 
Hey MC,
How is it going for you? Well, I am not sure if I can be a die hard environmentalist like you but for sure I do agree that we need to minimize pollution in every way we can


Kasturi,
Doesn't ot sound as if someone is reading uyour mind and writing what you think? It happens to me too. Several times.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?